By Robert K. Yin
Providing a whole portal to the realm of case research learn, the Fourth variation of Robert ok. Yin’s bestselling textual content Case examine study offers entire assurance of the layout and use of the case learn technique as a legitimate study instrument. This completely revised textual content now covers greater than 50 case experiences (approximately 25% new), supplies clean consciousness to quantitative analyses, discusses extra totally using combined equipment examine designs, and comprises new methodological insights. The book’s insurance of case learn study and the way it really is utilized in perform supplies readers entry to exemplary case reviews drawn from a wide selection of educational and utilized fields.
Key beneficial properties of the Fourth Edition
- Highlights every one particular study characteristic via forty four boxed vignettes that characteristic formerly released case reports
- Provides methodological insights to teach the similarities among case stories and different social technological know-how methods
- Suggests a three-stage method of aid readers outline the preliminary questions they are going to reflect on of their personal case research research
- Covers new fabric on human topics safeguard, the function of Institutional evaluate forums, and the interaction among acquiring IRB approval and the ultimate improvement of the case research protocol and behavior of a pilot case
- Includes an total photo of the complete case research study technique in the beginning of the booklet, then highlights the stairs within the method via pictures that seem on the outset of all of the chapters that persist with
- Offers in-text studying aids together with “tips” that pose key questions and solutions at first of every bankruptcy, sensible workouts, endnotes, and a brand new cross-referencing desk
Case research examine, Fourth Edition is perfect for classes in departments of schooling, company and administration, Nursing and Public wellbeing and fitness, Public management, Anthropology, Sociology, and Political Science.
Read Online or Download Case Study Research: Design and Methods PDF
Best social work books
Examines the reasons of childlessness, the supply of decisions for and at a time of quickly constructing remedies for infertility and new legislative controls, appears on the reports and perspectives of childless undefined.
Auseinandersetzungen mit Raum nehmen in den Sozial- und Erziehungswissenschaften inzwischen eine prominente Rolle ein. Die wissenschaftlichen Diskurse oder die dominierenden 'Reden vom Raum' gehen auch mit einer veränderten Praxis einher, die sich z. B. in der Sozialen Arbeit in der Formel 'vom Fall zum Feld' zuspitzt.
As well as the stresses of lifestyle, homosexual males, lesbians and bisexuals event a number of pressures and constraints concerning their selected life. This quantity examines the homosexual and lesbian adventure in mild of this extra pressure - which can lead to psychopathology - and issues in the direction of a destiny freed from heterosexism.
This fourth variation of Veronica Coulshed's vintage textual content has been meticulously revised to mirror the most recent alterations in social paintings schooling. everyday talents and approaches comparable to verbal exchange and review are mentioned along types and settings of perform. the connection among conception, proof and perform is absolutely explored all through, making sure this continues to be a fantastic creation for all starting social paintings scholars in addition to a convenient refresher and spouse for practitioners.
- Just Institutions Matter: The Moral and Political Logic of the Universal Welfare State
- Evidence-Based Social Work Practice with Families: A Lifespan Approach
- Sociology for Social Workers and Probation Officers
- Treating Young Veterans: Promoting Resilience Through Practice and Advocacy
- Attachment Theory, Child Maltreatment and Family Support: A Practice and Assessment Model
- Professional risk and working with people : decision-making in health, social care and criminal justice
Additional info for Case Study Research: Design and Methods
A. (2007). Degrees of freedom and degrees of certainty: A developmental model for the establishment of evidence-based youth care. Evaluation and Program Planning, 30, 212-221. Yin, R. K. (2000). ” In L. ), Validity & social experimentation: Donald Campbell’s legacy (pp. 239-266). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage. Yin, R. K. (2003). ). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage. Yin, R. K. ). (2004). The case study anthology. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage. This book is dedicated to Hans-Lukas Teuber, who made research a lifelong goal for all who studied with him.
Rosenbaum, P. R. (2002). ). New York: Springer. Veerman, J. , & van Yperen, T. A. (2007). Degrees of freedom and degrees of certainty: A developmental model for the establishment of evidence-based youth care. Evaluation and Program Planning, 30, 212-221. Yin, R. K. (2000). ” In L. ), Validity & social experimentation: Donald Campbell’s legacy (pp. 239-266). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage. Yin, R. K. (2003). ). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage. Yin, R. K. ). (2004). The case study anthology. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
Com SAGE Ltd. 1 Oliver’s Yard 55 City Road London EC1Y 1SP United Kingdom SAGE India Pvt. Ltd. B 1/I 1 Mohan Cooperative Industrial Area Mathura Road, New Delhi 110 044 India SAGE Asia-Pacific Pte Ltd 33 Pekin Street #02-01 Far East Square Singapore 048763 Printed in the United States of America Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data Yin, Robert K. Case study research : design and methods/Robert K. —4th ed. p. —(Applied social research methods v. 5) Includes bibliographical references and index.