By J.M. Parry, C.F. Arlett
This choice of sixty nine papers investigates 'in vitro' metabolic activation arrangements for 2 particular pairs of chemical analogues, benzidine (BZD) with 4,4-diaminoterphenyl (DAT) and 4-dimethyl-aminoazobenzene (DAB) with 4-cyanodimethylaniline (CDA). The arrangements chosen have been uninduced rat liver (using rats of an identical pressure because the bioassay). Aroclor-induced rat liver, uninduced mouse liver (using a similar mouse pressure as utilized in the 'in vivo' cytogenetics assays), and uninduced fowl. the foremost bulk of the assays defined within the learn concerned using huge universal batches of those fifty nine arrangements. The examine was once backed by way of the uk Environmental Mutagen Society (UKEMS) and will stand as a massive landmark in genetic toxicology.
Read Online or Download Comparative Genetic Toxicology: The Second UKEMS Collaborative Study PDF
Best comparative books
An exam of the way, why and the place corruption mars judicial strategies.
The point of interest of this booklet, the criminal scenario created while an agent acts with no authority, is among the most crucial matters in organization legislations. The research is split into 3 sections: obvious authority, ratification and the legal responsibility of the falsus procurator. Adopting a distinct comparative viewpoint, the contributions are drawn from many various felony structures, delivering the chance for research of the eu universal law/civil legislation divide.
- Flexibility and Commitment in Planning: A Comparative Study of Local Planning and Development in the Netherlands and England
- Underdevelopment: A Strategy for Reform (Federico Caffe Lectures)
- Comparative Reservoir Limnology and Water Quality Management
- Community and the Law: A Critical Reassessment of American Liberalism and Japanese Modernity
Additional resources for Comparative Genetic Toxicology: The Second UKEMS Collaborative Study
M. (1978). Further improvements in the hepatocyte primary culture DNA repair test for carcinogens: detection of carcinogenic biphenyl derivatives. M. (1980). DNA repair and mutagenesis in liver cultures as indicators in chemical carcinogen screening. In: Mammalian cell transformation by chemical carcinogens. Adv. Mod. Envir. Toxicol. E. and Graf, U. (1981). Mutagenic activity of 10 coded compounds in the Drosophila sex-linked recessive lethal assay. Progr. Mutat. Res. , Gordon, 1. and Watchmaker, G.
77. 78. 79. 80. 81. 82. 83. 84. 85. 86. 87. 88. Introduction aberrations/sister chromatid exchanges assay using Chinese hamster ovary (CHO) cells. Progr. Mutat. Res. T. and Obe, G. (1982). Mutagenicity testing with cultured mammalian cells: cytogenetic assays. Mutagen. New Horiz. Genet. Toxicol. R. A. (1981). In vivo SCE analysis of 20 coded compounds. Progr. Mutat. Res. B. (1978). DNA synthesis inhibition in HeLa cells as a simple test for agents that damage human DNA. J, Environ. Pathol. Toxicol.
Anderson, D. and Paton, D. (1978). Thiophene analogues of the carcinogens benzidine and 4-aminobiphenyl: evaluation in vitro. Brit. J. , Charlesworth, J. and Paton, D. (1982). Comparisons between carcinogenic potency and mutagenic potency to Salmonella in a series of derivatives of 4-dimethylaminoazobenzene (DAB). Mutation Res. M. and Podobna, E. (1983). Sensitivity of two Chinese hamster cell lines in SCE induction by a variety of chemical mutagens. Mutation Res. F. and Santi, 1. (1980). DNA damage and repair induced in vivo by benzidine treatment.