By Ron Fuller, David Jansen, Matthew McPherson
NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching
Next-Generation information middle Architectures
The whole advisor to making plans, configuring, dealing with, and troubleshooting NX-OS within the enterprise–updated with new applied sciences and examples
Using Cisco Nexus switches and the NX-OS working procedure, info heart execs can construct unified middle networks that convey unheard of scalability, resilience, operational continuity, flexibility, and function. NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching, moment version, is the definitive consultant to utilizing those step forward applied sciences in real-world environments. This broadly up to date version includes 5 new chapters addressing a variety of new applied sciences, together with FabricPath, OTV, IPv6, QoS, VSG, Multi-Hop FCoE, LISP, MPLS, Layer three on Nexus 5000, and Config sync. It additionally offers a start-to-finish, step by step case examine of an company shopper who migrated from Cisco Catalyst to a Nexus-based structure, illuminated with insights which are acceptable in almost any company facts middle. Drawing on many years of expertise with firm shoppers, the authors disguise each side of deploying, configuring, working, and troubleshooting NX-OS in today’s facts heart. You’ll locate up to date most sensible practices for top availability, virtualization, defense,
L2/L3 protocol and community aid, multicast, serviceability, provision of networking and garage providers, and extra. better of all, the authors current the entire confirmed instructions, pattern configurations, and information you want to observe those most sensible practices on your info center.
Ron Fuller, CCIE No. 5851 (Routing and Switching/Storage Networking), Technical advertising Engineer on Cisco’s Nexus 7000 workforce, makes a speciality of supporting clients layout end-to-end facts middle architectures. Ron has 21 years of event, together with 7 at Cisco. He has spoken at Cisco survive VDCs, NX-OS multicast, and common layout.
David Jansen, CCIE No. 5952 (Routing/Switching), is a Cisco Technical strategies Architect focusing on firm info heart structure. He has two decades of event, 15 of them at Cisco (6 as an answer architect); and has introduced numerous Cisco dwell shows on NX-OS and knowledge heart suggestions.
Matthew McPherson, senior structures engineer and strategies architect for the Cisco vital choose Operation, focuses on info heart architectures. He has 12 years of expertise operating with provider prone and big finance and production corporations, and possesses deep technical wisdom of routing, switching, and security.
• comprehend the NX-OS command line, virtualization gains, and dossier procedure
• make the most of the NX-OS complete Layer 2/Layer three help: vPC, Spanning Tree Protocol, Cisco FabricPath, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, HSRP, GLBP, and VRRP
• Configure IP multicast with PIM, Auto-RP, and MSDP
• safe your community with CTS, SGTs, ACLs, CoPP, and DAI
• identify a depended on set of community units with Cisco TrustSec
• Maximize availability with ISSU, stateful strategy restart/switchover, and continuous forwarding
• enhance serviceability with SPAN, ERSPAN, configuration checkpoints/rollback, packet research, clever name domestic, Python, and PoAP
• Unify garage and Ethernet materials with FCoE, NPV, and NPIV
• Take complete good thing about Nexus 1000V in a virtualized setting
• in attaining enhanced QoS with MQ CLI, queuing, and staining
• expand L2 networks throughout L3 infrastructure with Overlay delivery Virtualization (OTV)
• bring on SLAs by means of integrating MPLS program elements similar to L3 VPNs, site visitors engineering, QoS, and mVPN
• help mobility through the recent Locator identification Separation Protocol (LISP)
• stroll step by step via a practical Nexus and NX-OS facts heart migration