By Gaetano Santulli (eds.)
This quantity completely explores of the sensible function of microRNAs in melanoma. It not just expertly describes the molecular mechanisms underlying the malignant transformation approach but additionally compiles state of the art study on microRNAs in numerous varieties of melanoma, together with colorectal melanoma, pancreatic melanoma, leukemia/lymphoma, prostate melanoma, lung melanoma, ovarian melanoma, and bone melanoma. exceptional specialists, at present operating in prestigious associations, elegantly talk about those basic topics. The textual content, which opens with a foreword via the well known Dr. Carlo M. Croce, is more suitable via plentiful colour pictures, schemes, diagrams, and tables that totally help and supplement the content.
microRNA: melanoma is an incredible spouse to either microRNA: easy Science andmicroRNA: clinical Evidence. Taken jointly, those 3 books offer a state of the art review of this rapidly-expanding and engaging box, from the molecular point to medical perform. will probably be helpful to clinical scholars, physicians, and researchers, as a whole and certain advisor within the exploration of microRNA in simple technological know-how, melanoma and scientific practice.
Read or Download microRNA: Cancer: From Molecular Biology to Clinical Practice PDF
Best biology books
This publication was once written by means of many impressive investigators who've spent a long time to review varied elements of blood‑tissue barrier functionality. they've got summarized many of the most modern and interesting improvement of their fields of analysis together with the blood‑brain barrier, the blood‑retinal barrier, the intestine barrier, the blood‑biliary barrier, the blood‑follicle barrier, the blood‑epididymis barrier, the blood‑testis barrier, the tight junction barrier typically in addition to limitations within the woman reproductive tract.
- Biotreatment, Downstream Processing and Modelling
- Synchrotron Radiation in Chemistry and Biology III
- The Satellite Cells of the Sensory Ganglia
- Dying and Death: Inter-Disciplinary Perspectives. (At the Interface, Probing the Bounderies)
- Peptide Characterization and Application Protocols
Extra info for microRNA: Cancer: From Molecular Biology to Clinical Practice
Oncogene. 2008;27:5651–61. 89. Pineau P, Volinia S, McJunkin K, Marchio A, Battiston C, Terris B, Mazzaferro V, Lowe SW, Croce CM, Dejean A. miR-221 overexpression contributes to liver tumorigenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:264–9. 90. Galardi S, Mercatelli N, Giorda E, Massalini S, Frajese GV, Ciafre SA, Farace MG. miR-221 and miR-222 expression affects the proliferation potential of human prostate carcinoma cell lines by targeting p27Kip1. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:23716–24. 91. Pu XX, Huang GL, Guo HQ, Guo CC, Li H, Ye S, Ling S, Jiang L, Tian Y, Lin TY.
CLL cases harboring mutated IGHV (M-CLL) generally present with an indolent disease; on the contrary, cases with unmutated IGHV (UM-CLL) more often have a progressive disease . The presence of somatic IGHV hypermutation in M-CLL and the utilization of a stereotyped IGHV/IGHL gene repertoire supports the notion that CLL cells are antigen-experienced B-cells. However, the similarity of CLL cells with antigen-experienced B-cells reflects maybe only the maturation stage reached by CLL cells in the context of a leukemic stem cell hierarchical model .
25. Place RF, Li LC, Pookot D, Noonan EJ, Dahiya R. MicroRNA-373 induces expression of genes with complementary promoter sequences. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:1608–13. 26. Kim DH, Saetrom P, Snove Jr O, Rossi JJ. MicroRNA-directed transcriptional gene silencing in mammalian cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:16230–5. 27. Harfe BD. MicroRNAs in vertebrate development. Curr Opin Genet Dev. 2005;15:410–5. 28. Tudor S, Giza DE, Lin HY, Fabris L, Yoshiaki K, D’Abundo L, Toale KM, Shimizu M, Ferracin M, Challagundla KB, Cortez MA, Fuentes-Mattei E, Tulbure D, Gonzalez C, Henderson J, Row M, Rice TW, Ivan C, Negrini M, Fabbri M, Morris JS, Yeung SC, Vasilescu C, Calin GA.