By David Mercer
find out how to layout, construct, and make the most of a worldly on-line business.
- set up, configure, and customise osCommerce
- increase and adjust osCommerce
- research from a pattern, absolutely useful web site filled with priceless positive aspects reminiscent of present certificate and mark downs, move- and up-selling, RSS feed aggregation, more suitable product picture dealing with and insect fixes.
The e-book might be learn from entrance to again, yet each one bankruptcy is self contained so the reader can bypass chapters to learn those who they're drawn to. each one bankruptcy will circulate from simple to complicated the place appropriate and in addition relate what the administrator (reader) is doing to how this impacts what the customer sees at the website. So, for instance, the customization bankruptcy will commence with a dialogue at the thought of layout and the way to narrate this on your enterprise. as soon as the reader has a transparent notion of what they should do, we glance at a few rather basic alterations equivalent to editing the site's language, sooner than relocating to a few complicated differences that may contain a few personal home page programming. while the dialogue will exhibit how the adjustments made impact the site.
Throughout the e-book, a lot attention is given to the "right" approach to doing issues. Readers may have the nice virtue that they start, from the very begin, doing issues accurately. this may keep them loads of effort and time within the future years as they construct on and regulate their website. using most sensible practices and sound methodologies is a smart asset for rookies and skilled clients alike.
At all occasions, the assurance given during this e-book can pay homage to the truth that, eventually, the reader has a enterprise objective in brain. To this finish, the fabric by no means will get slowed down in technical concerns or lengthy discourses, yet particularly makes a speciality of what's virtually very important for the web enterprise after which strikes on. to counterpoint this, there are many feedback and tricks as to how and the place to seem for extra information.
Who this ebook is written for?
This publication is written for someone who:
- Already makes use of OSCommerce
- Would wish to use OSCommerce
- Would prefer to make an internet site for his or her business
- Is charged with administering, operating and holding an OSCommerce site
- Is attracted to studying how an eCommerce software is created and maintained
Read Online or Download Building Online Stores with osCommerce PDF
Similar web design books
Audio/Video (AV) structures and knowledge expertise (IT) have collided. it truly is being leveraged to create compelling networked media and file-based workflows. Video structures in an IT surroundings has helped hundreds of thousands of pros in broadcast, put up and different media disciplines to appreciate the foremost features the AV/IT "tapeless” convergence.
Visible internet Developer show variation is a inexpensive, entry-level model founded round pre-built tasks that new builders can simply install and customise for his or her personal websites Explains the right way to harness "drag-and-drop" instruments that construct at the approval for ASP. internet, delivering internet designers a simple creation to the hot Microsoft visible Studio 2005 Framework indicates amateur internet builders step-by-step the right way to create robust ASP.
It kind of feels as if the realm revolves round web pages and blogs nowadays, and with WordPress For Dummies, seventh variation you could sign up for the joys! This easy-to-read publication is jam-packed with the data you must navigate the realm of WordPress, and the entire content material is up to date to maintain you on top of things with the newest updates.
A accomplished advisor to utilizing RadRails to increase your Ruby on Rails initiatives in a qualified and efficient demeanour. Aptana RadRails is an built-in improvement atmosphere for Ruby on Rails initiatives. equipped on best of the well known Eclipse platform, RadRails offers all of the instruments you must create an entire Rails software from a unmarried interface, permitting you to target the inventive a part of the advance as your IDE looks after the mechanics.
- Adaptive Signal Models: Theory, Algorithms, and Audio Applications
- ASP.NET MVC 1.0 Quickly
- The 3G IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS). Merging the Internet and the Cellular Worlds
- Learning Dart
- Web Component Development with Zope 3
Extra resources for Building Online Stores with osCommerce
6. 7. Go to the producer's site. Find the download page. Download the software. Unpack the software or run the executable, depending on the method of installation. Install the software. Configure your installation. Test your setup. Mostly this is the procedure followed, though not all the time. As an exercise in getting to know your way around your development environment, you might want to read over the next section, and then try to install and set up MySQL by yourself rather than follow along step by step.
This is what we are after; so click on that to go to HTTP server project home page. Browse around to obtain any documentation or information you require. cgi.. 53, and this is the one that we will use. Obviously, you are free to choose whichever stable version is the latest at the time of reading. You know the drill… click on the download link of your choice, and click Open when prompted. zip file if at all possible, as this will allow for a fast and fairly flexible installation—just like MySQL!
As part of that, we will take a very brief high-level view of how the MySQL relational database management system works. Don't worry; it won't be a total bore, and you will be a far more formidable osCommerce developer once you have a solid grasp of your software. You might also wish to take a quick look over Chapter 10 on Tools, Tips and Tricks because it highlights the use of the phpMyAdmin tool, which can be used to make the task of administering your MySQL database a breeze. For now, though, our MySQL requirements are pretty basic, and using the MySQL command line client, as we have done, is a useful tool for learning MySQL, so we need not worry about downloading and using it just yet.